Where it all began!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

38 Down and Just 2 to Go!!!


Last night I was lying in bed and Mya started to hiccup. It hit me that these were the last days that I would feel her moving and hiccupping in my belly and it brought over a bit of sadness. Of course I am ecstatic to finally meet her but I will also miss her pushy shoves into my sides, the sweet vibrations of her little hiccups, and her jabs through my belly button. Being as though this pregnancy was pretty much smooth sailing I will definitely miss it. 9 months of my life experienced as none other in the 29 years of my life. If pregnancy can bring this much joy and flood of happy emotions I can only imagine the magnitude of feelings throughout this journey of parenthood.

I often take for granted how different this pregnancy would have been without the ongoing daily support of my loving partner. I just cannot imagine having taken this journey alone or with anyone but John. Those of you who know him know how sweet and attentive he can be and his love for his daughter shines more each day. I wish I could capture or put into words the feelings I feel when I see his face light up talking about Mya, or the conversations he has with my belly, or the moments he spends sitting in her nursery soaking up the reality that he will forever love and be loved unconditionally by this little person we are bringing into this world. Don’t get me wrong… He is definitely NOT perfect! HAHA…. But pretty dam close!!! He’s perfect for me and I appreciate him and our love for each other. I only wish that people get the chance to experience what we have. Both of our lives have been filled with obstacles and down right horrible luck but when it mattered most we both won by finding one another and getting the opportunity to welcome our daughter into this world.

Sappy post over!

1 comment:

  1. Sappy but oh I loved reading it! Your such a sweet friend and your gonna be an even sweeter Momma! What a beautiful little family you and John are creating! Cheers to many more babies and happy memories ;)!

    ReplyDelete