Where it all began!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 21...

We officially are on the downward slope of our Growing Baby Gamm journey. More weeks behind us then in front of us. As I reflect on the last 5 months of my life the one words that comes to mind is emotional whirlwind. Happy, nervous, terrified, ecstatic, amazed, worried, euphoric, scared, and any other emotion you can think of. I think that it takes almost a year for a baby to be born in order to prepare parents (especially first time parents) to grasp the fact that their lives will be drastically changing in a blink of an eye. I know that as the weeks are marked off I feel more and more at ease and less anxious about the arrival of Mya. Don’t get me wrong I am still terrified to death but there is an ease to that feeling every time I feel her kick or flop around.

This weekend was very exciting. We celebrated the half way point by doing our registry. Daddy was so cute as he scanned the little blankets he thought would be cute for Mya. As of now the Target and Babies R US registries are just about complete except a few add on items here and there. The showers are set for January 14th and 21st. I am so excited and look forward to both celebrations.

According to the literature at 21 weeks Mya should have broken the 1LB marker but I think this happened well before this week as at her 18 weeks scan she was weighing in 4-5oz. over the average. She should be about 8 inches long, this baby is growing fast and furiously! This week she is honing in on her sense of touch and if we could sneak a peek I bet we could see her grabbing the umbilical cords as she practices her gripping. Her eyes are beginning to detect light and it is encouraged to shine a flash light on my belly to stimulate her senses. We know what daddy will be doing during story time! Her eye brows and lashes are grown in. Interesting fact, at this stage in fetal development the baby has no pigment so her hairs are stark white.

Our next check up appointment with our OB is tomorrow and we are hoping to get another look at her as the doctor was unable to see her lady parts. I am pretty sure he wants to see them to document his findings in the chart! Yaaaaay… another sneak peak! I love this baby so…

No comments:

Post a Comment