Where it all began!

Monday, November 7, 2011

No Denying Mya is a Girl!!!!


Here is our sweet daughter’s confirmation that she is a girl!!! Dr. Ngo finally gave us confirmation (not that we were worried) that Mya is indeed Mya!! This is from the Week 21 doctors visit and ultrasound. It was hilarious. As you all know she has been super shy and very unwilling to show her lady parts to us. Well during this ultrasound, as soon as the doc put the wand to my belly boom!! There is was, like she was saying FINE if you want to see so bad here it is… Sweet precious baby girl.

She has been kicking and tumbling like crazy. I can’t help myself not to stop whatever I am doing and just enjoy the miracle of feeling Mya growing and moving in my tummy. Daddy feels her quite regularly now. I don’t think he is used to it yet although the thought of becoming 3 is now starting to sink in with him now. He uses my belly button as a microphone to talk to Mya, its pretty cute and super silly. Just like daddy! My belly is finally starting to grow, slowly but surly. And each week I can feel her moving higher and higher up in my belly. She is now just made her way above my belly button but I still feel her way low in my abdomen too. She’s getting to be a big girl.

I noticed last week that I am starting to get “Linea Negra” the black line on my tummy which is typical during pregnancy. Its crazy. The simple symptoms of pregnancy like the dark tummy line and forgetfulness is setting in but luckily those are the only symptoms I have been experiencing lately. If Mya didn’t kick me every hour or so I may even forget I was pregnant. I must say that I have been so luck to have such a smooth pregnancy thus far. But I shouldn’t speak so soon as we still have 17 weeks to go and anything could happen. Last night I experienced heart burn/indigestion for the first time because of eating Wing Stop. It wasn’t bad, more irritating then painful. I have heard horror stories of women and their pregnancy induced heart burn.

Wednesday will be week 23!! We are nervous and ever so excited about Mya’s arrival. We have lots going on in the upcoming months. Daddy and I have to pick a day to set up the nursery. The crib is here but not built yet. For Thanksgiving we are going to stay the night in Palm Springs and ride the aerial tram on the San Joaquin Mountains. Just to get away and spend some quality time before baby comes. We have child birthing classes every Wednesday night in December and breastfeeding class in January. All this on top of the holidays and baby showers. Wowzer are we going to be busy bees before Mya arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment