Where it all began!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 26!

Boy oh boy! We are officially feeling warp speed ahead. November came and went without a chance to blink. Daddy and my Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing. We really loved that we got to visit friends and family on our own schedule. Thursday night we had a pizza delivered to our room and after we went out to Denny’s for pumpkin pie and decaf coffee. We are wild ones, I know!!!!!

Last week we went Mya hiccup for the first time on 11/22/11. It was a rhythmic feelings and not as strong as her usual kicks and punches. Daddy got to experience it too and feel the tiny little hics from the outside. Since then I have felt her hiccup a couple of other times. This is good news because that means that she is learning to breathe by swallowing the amniotic fluid.

Because Mya is a little stinker and was curled up in a ball refusing to move during the first anatomy scan at 18 weeks Dr. Ngo ordered another anatomy scan to measure and assess her organs. Guess what that means!? Yup, another peek at out little bean. I am waiting to hear back from the imaging center about setting up an appointment but I plan to schedule it for early next week. The imaging center is open until 10pm so I want to make our appointment around 9pm because that is when Mya is the most active. I know it has been absurd how many times we have seen her and I think I am getting spoiled because I am sure that the next baby we may not be as lucky to get so many sneak peeks. But I will not complain because each time we see her I am reassured that she is thriving and developing as she should be.

Sleep is finally starting to get somewhat uncomfortable since rolling from side to side can be a mission having to take my body pillow with me. I no longer can really sleep fully on my stomach which has just occurred within the last couple of weeks. I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow so this should be interesting to see how a massage works without being able to lay on your stomach. I am starting to get tired quicker in the day and basically tapped out by the time the evening comes.

Mya’s development at 26 weeks; she is finally starting to be able to open her eyes, more as a reflex rather then to try and see anything. She is definitely responsive to the light when I hold the flashlight to my belly. She should be somewhere around 15 inches and definitely over 2lbs by now. Because she is getting so big Daddy may be able to hear her heart beat if he presses his ear to my belly. We will definitely have to give that a try this week. Mya’s taste buds are developing and she can start to taste the foods that I eat through the amniotic fluids.

No comments:

Post a Comment