Where it all began!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 24 Belly Shot!

Well we have slow and steady tummy growth. I have not yet “popped” but I definitely am bigger in the tummy. FOR SURE! I still feel like I am in that awkward stage of just looking like I put on some extra early holiday weight in the stomach region. I have slowly been gaining weight and am up about 5 pounds pre pregnancy. Daddy’s probably up about the same. Hehe… He’s been so great with not making me feel horrible for wanting to eat apple turnovers with ice cream. I keep wanting to start really incorporating an exercise regiment but I just feel like my days slip away. I know I should really be making more of an effort and definitely will do my best to start something in the upcoming week. I’ll let you know how that turns out!!!

So I have decided to cloth diaper Mya, at least when its convenient, weekends and evenings. But we will definitely be using disposable diapers too. I have just made my 2nd purchase of the Flip diaper system. My first purchase was the Ecobums which is a pre-fold cloth diapering system. I am still completely overwhelmed with the cloth diapering process but have been doing tons of research and had an awesome in person tutorial with Auntie Ky and Leo during our monthly slumber party. The Flip system combines both the use of cloth inserts or disposable inserts for easier use when on the go. I plan to try a few different brands to which suites our needs best. I registered for some Bumgenius diapers which are all-in-one cloth diapers with no need for inserts. They are used like disposable diapers and washed as one pieces. These may be ideal if I decide to use the cloth diapers more often then anticipated and if Mya is with a nanny or sitter. This will be yet another adventure in the grand scheme of growing Baby Gamm after she’s born.

Wednesday is week 25 and our next OB appointment. I still have been feeling great but starting to get a little case of heartburn on a regular basis. Nothing that a few tums can’t ward off but I hope that it doesn’t get worse. =(

We plan to hopefully start setting up Mya’s nursery one weekend in December so long as we can find a free weekend to do so. I walk in there now and feel overwhelmed with happiness and excitement as I see what the room will look like in my head and how many amazing moments will take place in that little room. I cannot believe only 15 more weeks till we get to meet this sweet baby girl. SO giddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment