Where it all began!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby Gamm-1 Mommy-0

Boy, what a weekend! As Japan beat the USA in the Women’s World Cup finals Baby Gamm was kicking my butt this weekend. I was more nauseous then I have been since the beginning and talk about exhausted! I could have slept the entire weekend away. I had made plans earlier in the week to meet my sister at the Ontario Panda Inn today and I just could not pull myself out of bed to get ready and drive an hour and a half there. Sorry Auntie Val! But I will definitely be seeing you in two weeks at your bridal shower.

So some of the odd symptoms of pregnancy I have heard about or read are starting to take full effect over the last week. Talk about some intense vivid dreams. Most nights I wake up and tell myself, “OMG that was just a dream!!!!” Some dreams good, others totally bizarre. And some, like last nights, down right scary. I dreamt that I lost the baby but as I talk to other recent mommies they reassure me that they have had these dreams too and it has to do with the constant worrying. So I thank the new mommies in my life that are so full of helpful advice and a reassuring hand.

My boobs are growing at an incredible pace but hurt like hell (TMI?). I wouldn’t be surprised if I have gained a full cup size. Although my boobs have been growing I have actually lost a pound or two within the last week. Must be the “ewww ewww ewww” feeling every time I think of or see food. John is trying his damdest to get me to eat. But I have been doing my best to supplement the lack of hearty meals with protein shakes (YUCK) and The Green Machine veggie juice (kinda YUCK).

Also my allergies haven’t been as bad as they are now since I was a snotty little 7 years old wiping boogies on my sleeves. Come to find out there is a such thing as Pregnancy Rhinitis which simply refers to the uncomfortable condition of SEVERE nasal congestion that pregnant women may experience during their first trimester and sometimes throughout pregnancy. If affects about 30% of pregnant women. It is no joke. I am constantly stuffy and runny! I have been using sinus rinses that have definitely helped.

So all in all… This weekend… Baby Gamm-1 Mommy-0!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment