Where it all began!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And so Our Journey Begins.......

Two long, crazy, unbelievable, feels like a movie, weeks have passed since we got that one word that changed our lives forever, "PREGNANT!!!!!!" I don't have a sweet or silly story to share about how I told John. It was Sunday afternoon 6/26/11 around 3pm. The previous 2 days I had taken a dollar store test and Friday there was a faint line (which I was freaking out over) and a less faint line Saturday. Sooo Sunday afternoon we were hanging out and I said, "I’m just going to do it!" So I walked over to the digital pregnancy test my girlfriend gave me the previous week. "This test," she said, "is a lucky test. Two came in a box and I only needed one to get my big fat positive!" Suurrre... No pressure Ky (now she has a beautiful 2 month old son)! So I grabbed the test, did my business on it, and sent John into the bathroom to look 3 minutes later. His face said it all!!! He turned ghost white and had this combination look on his face like WTF and a glow I had never seen. He walked over to me and asked what I wanted it to say. And sure enough; "PREGANT!!!" Can you believe it... that little box of 2 Clear Busy Easy tests Ky bought all those months ago had a 100% batting average!


Friday's Test

Saturday's Test

Sunday's Test

So for the next few days John and I were in total disarray! We could not believe this was actually happening. We sat down and talk about it and decided that we were so very excited and couldn't wait to meet this little baby growing inside me. Our little baby!

I guess there is no right or wrong time to tell our loved ones that there will be an addition to the family whether it’s family we are born to or those we choose. I understand that the first trimester can be touchy but how, just how, do you keep such AMAZING news top secret? I wanted to shout at the top of my lungs "We made a baby!" On the same token if something should happen I would need the love and support from my family then more then ever. So I have told most of the people in my family (when I say family I also refer to my dearest friends) in hopes that they too can enjoy every minute as I know we are.

So yesterday 7/11/11 was my doctor's appointment with my primary physician and it was confirmed through a pee test that yes I am pregnant! Ummmm excuse, I could have told you that. So other then peeing in a cup and being told I am pregnant I got my referral to my OB. This OB came with the highest of recommendation from a girlfriend at work so we are excited to meet our driver of this journey which will happen in 7/28/11 at 4pm. John will attend this appointment with me so he can meet the doc and help answer the questions that I may not be able too. We hope to get an ultrasound!

As for me, I am doing great! I have days that I dread pulling myself out of bed because I am exhausted and other days (like today) that I feel great with no symptoms at all (well except cravings for yummy cake)! And I have not yet gained any weight! HA! Probably cause good ol’ Jack had to take a back seat for this ride!

We are so happy to have you join us on this journey for the next 34 weeks (or so) as we grow baby Gamm.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks everyone for all your love and well wishes! We are so grateful to have you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete